Your E-commerce website may target a niche, but pay attention to sterile niches: it must have a large number of potential consumers, otherwise, your business will not be profitable.
On the design side, your website must be pleasant, simple, and adapted to your objectives. This is how you will provide a good user experience and retain your customers.
If you are investing in an already busy market, you will have to be creative in order to stand out and make a decent profit. This can be done through a polished and carefully designed website.
1. Take care of your marketing
When customers visit your website, they must be able to easily identify your brand: the name of your E-commerce store and the logo must be visible and highlighted.
Similarly, it is important to work on the baseline of the website. Positioned next to or below the logo, it must clearly indicate and allow the user understand the purpose of the website, and how your products will help him or fulfill a need of his.
2. Reassure the customer
Your customers must feel safe as soon as they land on the home page of your website. To ensure this, it is essential to highlight:
- The contact details of the company must be displayed. It is also recommended to invite the user to call you as soon as he has the slightest question, so that the customer does not feel abandoned.
- The delivery and return conditions must be transparent. Do not hesitate to highlight delivery or free return if you offer it, these are elements that can be decisive in the purchase decision.
3. Focus on SEO
Your homepage as well as the rest of your website must be compliant with SEOs.
The Title tag of your SEO is one of the most important elements in the SEO structure of your page. It must be optimized and contain the most important keywords or expressions most likely to help propel your website into the first pages of search engines.
The structure of your home page is also crucial, it is important to optimize the placement of Hn tags following a logic that focuses on key expressions. Finally, a home page usually contains a lot of images, so remember to fill the ALT tags of its images.
4. Promote smooth navigation
As the home page is the entry page on your website, it should allow the visitor to quickly understand the overall structure of your online store.
Your customers must be able to access the product they are looking for in a few clicks, via smooth navigation.
To do this:
- Choose a clear and effective categorization
- Highlight the internal search tool
- Post your current offers
5. Add a relevant banner
Many e-commerce sites use a banner on their homepage. This graphical element has almost become a norm. You must, however, be careful about the way you will implement this element, as it may present some disadvantages:
- Be careful regarding the size of the banner. You must optimize it otherwise the speed of your website may be negatively impacted.
- Pay special attention to the information highlighted and the scroll order.